Kylie A. Conard
*Open your mind and change your life.....
Format: PaperbackVerified Purchase
By: Holly Hakes Peterson (Phoenix, Arizona)
* This book is special and Mrs. McCoy has changed my view on memoirs forever. Most memoirs leave me feeling like an observor of their life but with The Lovely Knowing, I felt like I was having a conversation with an old friend. Mrs. McCoy writes beautifully and invites the reader to live the moment with her while opening your understanding of not just her life but Life itself. Feel comfortable reading this book as she relates her life and family to you with real conversation including their slang and diction. I enjoyed this book more than any other autobiography I've read because I, and many others, can relate to some of her experiences and prayers. She writes with passion for life and inspires hope regardless of beliefs. How many times have we all cried out for "daddy"? How many of us have wanted to give up and take the road most travelled? After reading, nay, experiencing Mrs. McCoy's memoir, you can feel strength in yourself and "knowing" that no matter what life brings to your table, you have the tenacity to overcome and thrive in our chaotic world. When you read this book, you will laugh, cry, and aspire to live your life better. Thank you Mishi for sharing your life with taste, grace, and inspiration. Share this book with others and your conversations and relationships will grow. Enjoy and hope.
By Sambuddah (Sarasota, Florida)
* This book inspires and invigorates the very soul. It is written in a way that it practically reads itself and paints vivid images along the way. The truth being set free on multiple levels of many intense experiences pulls upon an array of emotions. I was drawn into another realm where peace is abundant regardless of external factors and remembered how beautiful all is. Mishi's story will have you laughing and crying at the same time,feeling your way home. This book is a blessing to be recieved and appreciated indeed.
By: Skyfire, Deborah Outlaw
* Mishi McCoy has written a magical masterpiece....If you are ready for an emotional, healing,inspirational and enlightening experience that willforever enhance and improve the way you view life, this book may certainly be the catalyst. I admire the courage it took to write this endearing book of memoirs. My heart bows to Author Mishi McCoy.I look forward to your next book.
By: Lives to Read, D.McCall (Waynesville, N.C.)
* The Lovely Knowing is an inspirational book.It took me on an emotion filled journey. I simply could not put the book down.Though her story is filled with her share of adversity, I found Mishi's southern style of wit and charm to add humor at times.I admire the courage she had to share her truth with the world.I gained wisdom, compassion and deep insight through her writing and recommend this book to anyone that feels like life sometimes just "becomes too difficult".
* The Lovely Knowing kept my attention all the way through. I couldn't put it down. It showed in the jounery how important it is to forgive no matter what we go through and that the Lord leads us and protects us. I felt like I was right there with the author walking the jounery with her.God truly take care of us in the hard times and the good times. I can't wait to tell all my friends about the book. I know this will be a best seller.
By: Carolyn McCoy (N.C.)
* How do you put a review into words about a book that makes you cry, laugh, angry, thankful, and hopeful all within 24 hours of reading? Twenty four hours is exactly the amount of time that it took me to read this book as it is impossible to put down.
I am not sure it is actually possible to put into the written word the flood of emotions that I experienced while reading this book. Mishi's life story could easily be broken down into at least a half of dozen books, with each story having the potential to be a best seller. It is hard to fathom that any one person could be subjected to the tragedies and blessings in one single life time.
I am a consistent reader (probably 4 to 5 per month), and I seldom feel that a book is worthy of me expressing my opinion, but this book experience is an exception. I recommend this book to anyone and everyone that has felt life's struggles, hopelessness, or even the challenge of one's faith. "The Lovely Knowing" portrays the silver lining that we all search for.
After reading this book, I know there is a higher power and divine intervention. I will recommend this book to everyone that I see and be on a constant look out for Mishi's future books.
By: Traveler 72, J.L. Hipps (Washington State)
While I have both heard and read similar views of how our lives should be lived with gratitude before, I have to admit that “The Lovely Knowing” touched me deeply due to the extremely personal and courageous way in which Ms. McCoy was willing to share her story with the world. I admire her courage and her resilience, as well as her desire to share the lessons learned with the world. I can’t even begin to imagine how tough it was for her to put down on paper her feelings and thoughts about certain events, most notably her son Justin’s accident and her father’s death. Even the much smaller incidents, such as the encounter with the snake, must have required a fair amount of fortitude, and that is certainly something Ms. McCoy does not lack.
By: Olivera Baumgartner-Jackson for Reader Views (7/11)
To see complete review, view http://irenewatson.typepad.com/readerviews/2011/08/the-lovely-knowing.html
"Having known the author for many years, I attest to the fact of the genuineness of her heart and her story. As one intimately acquainted with some of the details of the story and her resilient ability to overcome, this book is an inspirational, yet realistic view of the difficulties and victories of life. The encouragement of the possibilities of our "knowing" ability is heartening for those confused and struggling with adversity and soul-wrenching decisions. Page 69 of the text reveals a significant turning point that indicates the important of having full knowledge and how the lack of such knowledge can set life on a trajectory that may take some time to change. Knowledge and choices can significantly impact life and one should trust their "knowing" in order to experience the best possibilities.
Mrs. McCoy your book is a lovely testimony on how to continue following your inner knowing even with trauma. I enjoyed reading every word that you wrote with such love. I'm so happy you are where you are today, you deserve it! I love your soul.
By Melissa Nortonon February 18, 2016
It is so hard for me to put into words how Inspiring Mishi's book was/is to me. She writes in a way that you feel as though you are right there with her as each event, incident, sadness, or happiness occurred. I felt engrossed in each and every chapter. I appreciate, respect, and admire her strength to share this part of her life with each of us. Her resiliency to get through each of these life occurrences is nothing short of amazing. Her book is one that you actually read and know that you have learned from her experiences. She teaches you to always, always trust your "inner knowing", intuition, your gut, whatever you prefer to call it. She teaches you to build your relationship with God and to trust and have faith in him. And she teaches you that no matter how grim a situation my seem, to never ever give up or give in.
There are very few books that I have read that I liked well enough to read more than once, but Mishi's book is an exception because I am currently reading it yet again!!
Thank You my dear Mishi for sharing your life with us!!
By Christina Wyatt on September 10, 2015
Very inspirational read. I feel it encourages the reader to dig deeper within ones heart and soul to carry on through difficult times. Realizing that most situations are temporary and with perseverance and hope that one can carry through anything. Would definitely recommend this book to others.
ByMichelle L. Bartfaion
Format: Paperback|Verified Purchase