My Book

My Book
To order your copy of The Lovely Knowing simply click on the book--copyright 2011 Mishi McCoy. All rights reserved. No part of this book or artwork may be stored in a retrieval system, or transmitted by any means without the written permission of the author.

Wednesday, March 8, 2017

Plight of the Vacillating Being


I share this expression from the deep, ancient well of my own Life force. I believe in your ability to 'get me' because it is your plight as well as mine. Even if this expression is considered esoteric or mystical, I believe in our ability to fully conceive and embrace the fact that we are all living as physical beings with our feet rooted in the ground of the earth plane and as spiritual beings with our hearts and heads in the celestial planes. We are all finding our balance on the tight rope between these realms.

Evelyn Hill eloquently stated,
“In mysticism that love of truth which we saw as the beginning of all philosophy leaves the merely intellectual sphere, and takes on the assured aspect of a personal passion. Where the philosopher guesses and argues, the mystic lives and looks; and speaks, consequently, the disconcerting language of first-hand experience, not the neat dialectic of the schools. Hence whilst the Absolute of the metaphysicians remains a diagram —impersonal and unattainable—the Absolute of the mystics is lovable, attainable, alive.”

So, here is a shout out to the mystic in each of us and the disconcerting language of the messy, yet gloriously beautiful truth of being a spirit being having a human experience.

The vicissitudes I have experienced since entering the mortal portal have left a longing for deeper degrees of perfection. I must return to the sea of quickening virtue and superior Spirit before dwelling again on land. A fountain has opened in the desert of my dry and thirsty soul.

My spirit doesn't thrive in murky, muddied waters of the earth and so I return to the fair ocean of Love, where sweet Sophia swims with me in deep. I won't return with empty hands, but with flowing, everlasting crystalline. The abyssal chambers of my soul burst with sweet life force exploding into the zenith of celestial beings.

They sing my name in their own divine tongue. I hear the echoes of a thousand choirs of joyful voices resounding in perfect pitch. My heart joins with them in remembrance and longing of my place among them. I once sang the songs of eternal jubilee; they are forever etched into my heart. I surrendered them for songs of sorrow in my chosen human form.

Sophia, encapsulating Wisdom, reminds me that through the ballads of human affliction the celestial beings are moved in passionate, tear- intoxicating dance. I see them gliding across the celestial floors as stars lighting the darkened earthen skies. Oh, yes, my soul is at rest. I understand that we are all ineffably positioned throughout the Cosmos to dance the all encompassing emotional Tango of mystery, love and life.

I return to my place among humanity rejuvenated, invigorated, and intoxicated with overflowing hands and heart of infinite bliss. I am sustained until deeper degrees of perfection weigh me down to raise me up again. It is the inexpressible, bittersweet plight of a supernatural being experiencing a human life!

copyright 2015 Mishi McCoy. All rights reserved. No part of this writing may be stored in a retrieval system, or transmitted by any means without the written permission of the author.

No comments:

Post a Comment