My Book

My Book
To order your copy of The Lovely Knowing simply click on the book--copyright 2011 Mishi McCoy. All rights reserved. No part of this book or artwork may be stored in a retrieval system, or transmitted by any means without the written permission of the author.

Wednesday, January 24, 2018

✧︵‿︵‿︵⊰ On the Edge ⊱‿︵‿︵‿✧

"You offer your opinion of me and opinions can be most dangerous, especially based in judgment. Have I somehow failed to make it clear that it is to no effect to me of how you perceive me? Would you desire to drive me over the edge with your dark thoughts and snide intentions?

What a pretty mess I am. I have never denied it. This mess doesn't fear the edge. It is the edge, you see, where I dwell as a spinning top. Sometimes, in my clumsiness I tumble over the edge. I lose my breath as I descend and break upon the oceans jagged rocks.

I have no fear of being broken-wide open with my inwards exposed to the elements around me. Hovered over my own broken self, I cry....I sigh....I laugh. I laugh out loud and re-member why it is that I came to earth. I arrived to be broken, to be broken, to be broken-again and again.

But, oh, My Darlings, you see, I have grown accustomed - even fond of the brokeness. It is there, in the brokeness that I discover what I'm made of. I assure you, I am made of that which can not be destroyed.

I appreciate your consideration in attempting to shape me, change me, break me as to fit your comfy desire. I must refuse your offer. It just isn't enough for me to dwell in the little box and keep quiet. I came here to live-out-loud, to stand proud and take my rightful place. If my pace makes you uncomfortable, please do-move on."
-Mishi McCoy

1 comment:

  1. I love this entry, it read so smoothly and rang so true to how I feel at the moment. Thank you so much for this.

    ReplyDelete